Benefits Analyst / Senior Benefits Analyst
University of La Verne
Benefits Analyst / Senior Benefits Analyst
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Total Rewards, the Benefits Analyst assists in the management of the various health and welfare benefits programs and retirement programs that the University sponsors. Serves as a key liaison on all benefits issues, including but not limited to interfacing with internal employees, outside vendors, and other resources.
Administers a variety of complex paid and unpaid leave programs. Processes insurance billings and reconciliations, FSA programs and payments, and complex eligibility requirements for multiple programs for employees and eligible dependents. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations including HIPAA, COBRA and ERISA. Responsible for oversight of two open enrollment periods and conducts benefits orientations. Ensures data integrity and accuracy of all benefits data in HRMS and appropriate payroll and accounting systems. In collaboration of HRIS Analyst ensures data input and output is accurate and timely disseminated to the appropriate parties. Leads special projects such as compliance audits, employee satisfaction surveys and collaborative and/or strategic benefit plan programs.
- Manage all aspects of leave process, including vendor management, completion of all employee leave paperwork (as necessary), and coordinating return to work schedules with employees
- Conduct weekly remittance of retirement plan contributions
- Prepare monthly audits and invoice preparation and processing for all insurance vendors including payment/billings, billing reconciliation, etc.
- Leads efforts around annual open enrollment process
- Supports University employee population including Faculty, Administrative Professional, and Classified employees by delivering benefits solutions and serving as the “go to” resource for resolving benefits issues and concerns as appropriate with a high degree of responsiveness and a minimum of escalations.
- Leads special projects such as the development of wellness programs, increasing automation in benefits enrollment process, compliance audits, conducting employee satisfaction surveys and collaborating on strategic Total Rewards initiatives as assigned and upon request by HR leadership. Participates in retirement audit as needed.
- May participate as back up in New Hire Orientations to facilitate the benefits portion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Medical plan administration experience required. General understanding of medical and retirement plans, including interpreting plan details, improving plan processes, and administration of plan programs.
- Retirement plan administration experience required; preferably with 403(b) plans
- ACA compliance knowledge and experience
- Effective communication skills; oral and written in potentially high-paced situations
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Highly proficient with technology, open to new and innovative technology. Able and enthusiastic about quickly learning new technologies and update current ones
- Successful dealing with ambiguity, displaying good judgment in resolving issues and driving change.
- Advanced excel skills, including ability to create and modify pivot tables, lookup tables, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions, and processes.
- Familiarity with Banner and/or other HRMS software (PeopleSoft, Workday, ADP, etc)
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency