Financial Aid Clerk II
Cosumnes River College
Financial Aid Clerk II
Job Posting Number: C00785P
Salary: $3,277.51 per month
Closing Date: 01/02/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/9986
The technical level of the series. Assigned duties require extensive knowledge of policies, rules and procedures pertaining to financial aid. Duties are performed under general supervision of the assigned administrator. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Vice President of Student Services.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Supplies information and advice to students seeking financial aid; and explains forms of financial assistance available to students.
● Directs applicants to appropriate staff or supervisor after reviewing their needs.
● Advises students seeking financial aid.
● Generates reports from existing database using financial aid software or similar system, to run needs analysis and package financial aid for students.
● Issues and explains verification forms and supportive documents.
● Helps students fill out financial aid applications; provides applications for outside scholarships; and corresponds with students to obtain documentation.
● Reviews financial aid applications with students for accuracy and completeness.
● Completes student loan applications, student time sheets and other supportive documents.
● Reviews and processes financial aid awards with students.
● Makes dollar amount adjustments during award process.
● Processes loan receipts for student loan checks.
● Records financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records.
● Reviews and confirms students’ satisfactory progress.
● Assists students in figuring their budgets.
● Sets up and maintains individual student records; and maintains records on students receiving financial aid.
● Serves as lead person to other financial aid clerks; and trains and oversees student assistants.
● Advertises and updates information on outside scholarships.
● Types letters, award information, memorandums and reports; types correspondence, forms and reports.
● Completes service work requests, requisitions, purchase orders, maintenance and supply requests.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of increasingly responsible clerical experience preferably including one year of experience in a college financial aid office. One year of college courses may be substituted for one of the years of required experience.
Promotional: One year of experience performing clerical duties at the level of Financial Aid Clerk I. OR two years of experience as a Clerk II. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.