Human Resources Operations Manager
The Human Resources Operations Manager will be responsible for aligning university objectives with employees and management in designated departments. This position will be the initial point of contact for their assigned departments on all human resource related issues. The position will develop partnerships across departments and deliver value-added service to department management and employees.
• Develops and maintains positive relationship with assigned department managers and employees.
• Advertises and posts vacancies, provides recruitment strategies, reference and background checks, and corresponds with applicants
• Works with hiring manager, search committees, and the HR Director to ensure proper staffing.
• Create and maintain ongoing job vacancy report.
• Maintain and troubleshoot automated recruitment system, PeopleAdmin.
• Ensure compliance with hiring by keeping up to date on hiring regulations and update internal processes as necessary.
• Responsible for overseeing job descriptions and monitoring performance evaluation processes for assigned departments.
• Responsible for student employment in assigned departments and recognition at Husson University
o Establishes and monitors the Student Employment budget. Works with accounting and departments to ensure accountability and that funds are used appropriately and that requirements for community service jobs are met.
o Maintains accurate student employment records, including the I-9 and W-4 forms, student employment information and the collection of the data required for the annual FWS portion of the FISAP Report.
o Counsel students and supervisors regarding work hour balances for purposes of compliance.
• Reviews and verifies employee payroll data.
• Advises department managers in all areas of human resources including employee relations, policies and procedures.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all applicable State and Federal law, trainings, University specific policies and processes, and day to day management.
• Works with assigned department managers to resolve routine employee relations issues. Conducts effective and thorough investigations around compliance of University policies and procedures.
• Identify training needs for assigned departments, participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure objectives are met and ensure program success.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree required and 5-7 years' experience in human resources field or minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with Associate Degree and/or human resource certification.