199409 - Front Office and Operations Coordinator
Front Office and Operations Coordinator
Job Code 199409
Office of Financial Assistance
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months
Clark University’s Office of Financial Assistance seeks to fill the position of Front Office and Operations Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Assistance, the Front Office and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the overall processing operations of the front office with primary focus on the student financial aid application process, which include providing customer service by assisting students, parents and other constituencies by phone, e-mail and in-person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer common financial aid questions, such as but not limited to, status of applications, financial aid awards and general financial aid policy questions
- Prepare and process all financial aid related documents received for either counselor review and/or scanning through Xtender.
- Coordinate all e-mail communications, financial aid award letters, missing item letters and various reports used by financial aid counselors, along with corresponding to general e-mail inquiries for a specific caseload.
- Run weekly Banner/PowerFAids jobs that support tracking of financial aid application documents and supports the Senior Associate Director in various financial aid operations.
- Works with Assistant Director to update and maintain social media communications, in-house financial aid forms and website updates.
- Hires, trains and supervises Financial Aid Office student employees.
- Serves as back-up for other front office position as necessary for greeting visitors, answering in-person inquires and answering the phone.
- High school diploma with a preference for some additional higher education schooling.
- 2-3 years minimum of relevant previous experience.
- Self-starter with excellent customer service skills, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task; ability to develop and implement creative solutions; experience applying flexibility and adaptability skills to a changing and busy work environment; strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to work within team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel preferred.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 - month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 199409 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.