Transfer Admissions Counselor - Professional Services Specialist 3
Title: Transfer Admissions Counselor
Location: Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
The Transfer Admissions Counselor will be an integral member of the team responsible for event planning, recruiting and enrolling new students for a rapidly-growing number of undergraduate programs. As a valuable member of the enrollment management team, the Transfer Admissions Counselor is responsible for a wide range of activities related to recruitment and enrollment of new undergraduate transfer students. This position serves as a first point of contact for prospective transfer students and their families, providing information and advisement on the admissions process, financial aid, academic programs, curriculum, student services programs, transfer credit options and the general educational, residential and extra-curricular environment at the college. The incumbent is expected to actively participate/promote the myriad of on and off-campus activities designed to recruit, admit, and yield an entering class for each program that align with institutional enrollment goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contact and meet prospective NJCU students by visiting community colleges and attending college fairs to generate applications for admission
- Inform and update transfer counselors at community colleges about NJCU's academic programs and other academic related opportunities. This effort will be conducted by direct mail, email and in person
- Cultivate relationships with all prospects and applicants through consistent in-person, email and telephone contact in order to recruit prospective students and assist applicants throughout the admissions process
- Administer communication initiatives, database management, creation of targeted content, and on-going CRM messaging.
- Establish channels of communication with prospective students to introduce them to and inform them of NJCU’s programs; facilitate their relationship with the institution throughout the admissions process - inquiry through enrolled student.
- Plan admissions yield events - information sessions, workshops and open houses
- Coordinate development, documentation, maintenance and reporting to ensure efficient communications. Conduct training of staff as needed.
- Work closely with academic departments and marketing team to support recruitment efforts.
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Assist the Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications
- Run Peoplesoft reports on an ad-hoc basis
- Prepare information for mailings and other uses.
Participate in division-related programs and services for new students.
General direction is provided by the Director and Associate Directors of University Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- One year of Professional experience in an institution of higher education, or field that directly relates to the position.
- Prior knowledge of enrollment management, program development, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- High level of experience with Communication Management setup for, Hobson's and People Soft preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users verbally, in writing and in training presentations to groups or individuals is highly desirable.
- Experience in data compilation and analysis preferred.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred. Previous experience in an Office of Admissions is highly desirable
Required: Cover letter, Resume, and contact information for three professional references.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution. Applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Friday, December 14, 2018