Dean - College of Continuing Studies
The University of Alabama is seeking a dynamic and visionary leader with an outstanding record of achievement in both continuing and distance education for the position of Dean, College of Continuing Studies. The Dean represents the college, both internally and externally, to promote the advancement of UA outreach programs, with major responsibilities for extending the University of Alabama beyond traditional campus programs and to communities across the globe.
The Dean provides strategic leadership and management of the resources required for designing, implementing, and evaluating the University’s continuing and distance Education programs, whether delivered on campus, across the state of Alabama, or around the world. The Dean must demonstrate an understanding of complex financial and technological systems, continually display a working knowledge of marketing and promotion techniques, market research, continuous quality improvement, judicious fiscal management, innovative fund-raising approaches, state-of-the-art conference center management, and strategic use of new technology required for distance education.
The Dean is responsible for the overall administrative functions of the College, including oversight of the College’s major divisions: Academic Outreach; Professional and Community Outreach; Conference Planning and Museums; and UA SafeState. In addition, the Dean directly oversees the college’s units of Business Development, College Relations, Financial Affairs, and E-Learning.
The Dean must embody UA’s core competencies by championing life-long learning, being open to challenges and critiques, displaying an entrepreneurial mindset, committing to service excellence for students and customers, promoting diversity, equity and inclusion, embracing academic and technological innovation, fundraising, as well as being a team player in a fast-paced, progressive learning environment.
The Dean must demonstrate the highest level of executive leadership in driving the future direction, promotion, and advancement of UA’s College of Continuing Studies. Expectations of this leadership include the following characteristics:
- Ability to formulate, communicate, and build consensus for an organizational vision
- Record of success in establishing and expanding effective relationships with multiple constituencies
- Ability to cultivate partnerships with UA colleges, divisions, and community leaders to expand and strengthen programs
- Ability to establish strategic alliances to increase opportunities for engagement and expand shared initiatives within the University, Tuscaloosa community, and throughout the region
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; experience developing effective connections with diverse communities
- Demonstrated competency at the national level through engagement in scholarly activities and leadership within professional organizations
- Lead the development and delivery of academic and non-academic programs and services aimed at making graduates, community agencies, and workplaces globally competitive
- Build, nurture, and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with external and internal constituents
- Foster the disciplines of innovation, integrated planning, and continuous improvement throughout the college
- Develop and embrace a team-oriented work culture that supports work-life balance among a diverse group of engaged employees
- Lead fundraising efforts in collaboration with the Division of University Advancement
- Provide leadership and management of the administrative and budgetary functions of the college
- Earned doctorate in a relevant field
- Minimum of five years of executive experience
- Demonstrated success in leading educational, revenue-generating enterprises
- Creative capacity to innovate opportunities for degree seeking students and community learners seeking professional advancement and certifications for career development
- Knowledge of financial management in an environment where program revenues must cover both direct and indirect costs of program delivery
- Experience in managing complex financial systems, including acquisition and management of funded projects
- Understanding of emerging technologies used for the delivery and support of educational programs
- Experience in fundraising and advancement initiatives to provide ongoing support for various projects and programs
The University of Alabama is an equal-opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.