Administrative Assistant V
Administrative Assistant V
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide administrative support for the execution of a wide variety of complex administrative and clerical tasks for the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering. Serve as the front line contact for students, faculty, and visitors, providing prompt, friendly, and professional answers to questions and inquiries and appropriately route more complex questions.
- Using editorial and desktop publishing skills gather material, edit, input, and oversee online material and web posting for the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department.
- Assist the Department Head and ECE faculty with organizing departmental events and conferences. Manage and approve room assignments for activities such as help sessions and student meetings.
- Assist in reporting data and analytics regarding undergraduate and graduate programs. Prepare, distribute and manage course review sheets as well as tutor evaluation forms. Assist and coordinate the maintenance of departmental databases and mail-merge files.
- Assist with undergraduate program operations, such as setting up mailboxes, recording keeping and data bases. Administer undergraduate student employee process which includes payroll applications, EPAF's and time sheets, monitor federal work study hours,
- Manage ECE textbook and library book orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to four years experience in an administrative assistant or related support position capacity.
- Substantial computer experience with MS-Windows and all major MS-Office applications. Editorial and desktop publishing skills desirable.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and be able to manage several projects simultaneously, high level of organization skills; ability to work independently with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0000163
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency