Director Financial Planning & Analysis
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Director Financial Planning & Analysis leads the budgeting/planning, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and business strategic analysis for the organization. Oversees and conducts financial analysis, modeling, forecasting and reporting to ensure on-going financial viability of the University's operations. Reviews and analyzes budget performance results, develops insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, and cost reduction, and leads strategic business decisions. Identifies key strategic opportunities, develops rationale and approach for analysis and decision-making. Creates functional area strategies and specific objectives and develops tools, systems and processes to support successful implementation. Develop deep knowledge of the organization and the key cost drivers and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required (finance or accounting emphasis).
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years financial planning, analysis and reporting experience.
- 5+ years managerial experience.
- Experience developing annual budgets and multi-year forecasts.
- Experience developing efficient organizational performance reporting tools.
- Experience conducting analysis of operating results and variances and clear presentation to management.
- Ideally, experience in Higher Education finance management.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Evaluate financial and strategic impact of new opportunities.
- Coordinate preparation of annual budgets/plan, quarterly forecasts and corresponding reporting.
- Develop and lead annual Financial Planning process across the organization.
- Develop trend analysis and consolidation of key reports and forecasts for all groups.
- Conduct and evaluate what-if analysis on various scenarios.
- Develop professional relations with key managers across the organization to facilitate information sharing.
- Utilize pro-forma modeling of various scenarios and opportunities and other projects.
- Work with organizational leaders to develop root cause analysis and gap closure plans when results are not as per financial plan.
- Monitor and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, including critical major projects.
- Perform cost benefit or break-even analysis on specified projects.
- Search financial opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness, and budgeting processes.
- Develop budgets/plans, forecast and variance analysis working with budget owners and senior leaders.
- Collaborate with other departments to analyze different projects to develop goals, measure performance and make recommendations.
- Review monthly variance analyses through result evaluation to recommend business process improvements.
- Develop and present financial plans and projections to senior management.
- Provide financial analysis support as needed to manage adhoc projects.
- Lead cross-functional efforts within Finance to improve planning, analysis and corresponding reporting.
- Coordinate budget forecasts with cash management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and nVision required.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committedto diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount. http://www.apu.edu/humanresources/benefits/
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.