Professor in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Job ID: 15277
Position # 00015253
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Orthopaedic Spine Surgery clinical care to patients and participate in Orthopaedic Surgery call and Enterprise Spine call
- Teach medical students and Orthopaedic Surgery residents
- Participate in committees, research projects and local/national Orthopaedic Surgery organizations/societies
Department Marketing Statement
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery provides comprehensive care for all aspects of orthopaedic surgery. Faculty members provide general orthopaedic care and are fellowship trained to provide expertise in total joint arthroplasty, hand and upper extremity surgery, spine surgery, pediatric orthopaedics, orthopaedic trauma, sports medicine and podiatry.
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school
- Completion of an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency
- Board certified/eligible by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Completion of an Orthopaedic Spine Surgery fellowship
- Licensed to practice as an M.D. or D.O. in the state of Georgia or eligible for a State of Georgia Medical License
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How To Apply
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.