Assistant Professor in Orthopedics
Job ID: 15271
Position # 00012868
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery clinical care to patients and participate in Orthopaedic Surgery call
- Teach medical students and Ortopaedic Surgery residents
- Participate in committees, research projects, and local/national Orthopaedic Surgery organizations/societies
Department Marketing Statement
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery provides comprehensive care for all aspects of orthopaedic surgery. Faculty members provide general orthopaedic care and are fellowship trained to provide expertise in total joint arthroplasty, hand and upper extremity surgery, spine surgery, pediatric orthopaedics, orthopaedic trauma, sports medicine and podiatry.
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school
- Completion of an accredited Orthopaedic surgery residency
- Completion of a Pediatric Surgery Fellowship
- Board certified/eligible by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Licensed to practice as an M.D. or D.O. in the state of Georgia or eligible for a State of Georgia Medical License
- Prefer three to five years experience post fellowship
- This is a non-tenure track position with an academic rank of assistant professor.
- Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.