Annual Giving Manager
Department: Office of Advancement
Reports To: Assistant Vice President for Advancement
Position Summary: Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to meet the fundraising goals for North Park University and Seminary and for building and strengthening the relationships of alumni, friends and donors with the University and Seminary.
- Establish an annual plan for all cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies; implement strategies on time, such that development goals can be met.
- Execute all direct mail, phone and email solicitations as well as produce and analyze results.
- Coordinate with Advancement Services Manager for accuracy of data and database maintenance to ensure that annual fund strategies are fully informed and supported by current donor and prospect data.
- Create, distribute and at times orally present progress reports to Board of Trustees (BOT), BOT Advancement Committee, Senior Leadership Team, and Advancement team.
- Coordinate with the Stewardship Manager in achieving cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of segmented groups of prospects and donors.
- Track and analyze results from solicitations and other initiatives, proposing adjustments in strategies as needed.
- Supervise the work of the Phonathon Coordinator and student callers, providing input and analysis to maximize the results of the University’s Phonathon program.
- Serve as a liaison to internal and external contacts including University Marketing & Communications, Seminary, Business Office, graphic design team, mail house and other vendors.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five years experience in non-profit development, with preference for higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral), management, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage details with accuracy; strong organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to meet quantitative and qualitative goals.
- High level of confidence using Raiser’s Edge or similar constituent database.
- Strong technical orientation and experience producing data queries, metrics, analytical reports.
- Literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
Effective Date: November 2018
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.