Non-Tenure Track Faculty "Creating Student Supervisor Pool" (STS - Multiple Locations)
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 11-29-2018
1. Plan student teaching semester with cooperating teacher and teacher candidate.
2. Provide information about requirements and teaching standards.
3. Observe the student teacher approximately once every two weeks.
4. Pre-conference, observe, post-conference for each visit.
5. Collaborate with cooperating teacher on midterm and final student teaching grade.
6. Mediate best resolution to problems that may arise.
7. Submit final grade and evaluation of placement via the online student teaching documentation form.
Regional travel will be expected for these positions based on site locations.
In anticipation of possible openings throughout the academic year and summer sessions, a pool of qualified persons interested in non-tenure-track teaching positions is maintained. Applications are accepted continuously for part-time, non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
These positions are represented by the non-tenure track faculty association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. A BS degree in Chemistry or a closely-related field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
2. Must be or have been certified to teach in Illinois
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
4. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position
Five or more years teaching experience
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.