Program Assistant I
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology
Program Assistant I
Position 730439 - Requisition 15067
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Division of Cardiology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work:
This describes the first level of program assistant where positions perform technical support and/or office management duties as described under the Description of Occupational Work section above. Work involves making decisions within established technical work processes related to a program or professional subject area and interpreting program specific guidelines to resolve problems, answer questions, and/or advise others on specific program issues or matters.
This full-time position is responsible for providing program and administrative support services by assisting with all phases of special projects assigned by the Electrophysiology and Heart Failure Faculty and Administrator of the Division of Cardiology. This includes research, analysis, evaluation and recommendations as appropriate to complete assigned tasks and special projects.
Examples of Work Performed:
Management of program and administrative activities relating to the Electrophysiology and Heart Failure faculty and the Division Administrator:
- Responsible for calendar management, prioritization of daily appointments and organizing complex, time-sensitive meetings. Prepares routine, varied, and complex correspondence, utilizing a combination of professional experience / knowledge and established guidelines, procedures, and templates.
- Manage travel, processes reimbursements, and other expenditures for the Electrophysiology and Heart Failure groups by employing Concur Travel & Expense System and utilizing the Division of Cardiology Commitment spreadsheet to track faculty expenditures as applicable.
- Oversee all logistics and scheduling of EP and HF faculty recruits and visiting professor travel, provides detailed itinerary to visiting faculty and chaperones recruits/faculty throughout campus to various meetings.
- Create (as assigned) and maintain the detailed database on MD's and NP/PAs credentialing and licensure, and assists in disseminating updated records to appropriate authorities (UCH/CU Medicine/UCD); ensure all licenses and privileges are kept up-to-date.
- Assist with manuscript and abstract submission to include editing, reformatting and table-creation.
- Manage all travel and related expenses, society memberships, software licenses and vacation/sick leave tracking for EP and HF faculty.
- Function as a liaison between faculty, hospital, and clinical staff.
- Create and maintain clinical assignment schedule for EP faculty.
- Manage EP and HF consulting contracts to ensure timely renewal and invoicing.
- Serve as a backup of Amion scheduling for inpatient hospital coverage.
Oversee Educational and Outreach Activities:
- Coordinate and oversee registration, travel, and reimbursement for regional outreach activities for faculty as assigned.
- Manage annual EP Continuing Medical Education (CME) meeting including budgets, grants, CME application, and program agenda.
- Schedule and manage all EP-related educational conferences and meetings.
- Work with Education Manger to ensure timely submission of educational grants and project management once award is received.
- Assist Education Manager with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) related activities such as timely submission of compliance requirements.
Additional Duties may include:
- Provide administrative support to Division Administrator (as assigned) and various faculty to include but not limited to: distributing mail, answering phones, ordering supplies, scheduling meetings.
- Organize and participate in various meetings to include room scheduling, organizing of schedules and taking minutes if requested.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $47,196 to $55,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Four years of experience in an administrative support role that included managing multiple calendars, making travel arrangements, and/or payroll/timekeeping activities.
Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a preference in a business related field.
- Experience with University of Colorado software such as Concur (or other travel process software), PeopleSoft HCM, or m-Fin (CU Data).
- Experience in a university or healthcare environment.
- Advanced experience creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience planning meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Experience coordinating web-based meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office suite).
- Time management skills and ability to produce accurate and timely work products.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A cover letter 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sarah Ayala, [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by November 15, 2018. Those who do not apply by November 15. 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20169 - SOM-MED-Cardiology
Posting Date: Nov 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sarah Ayala
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00730439