Case Manager - Part time
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/ Addiction Research and Treatment Services
Location: On the Ft. Logan campus in southwest Denver
Case Manager - Part-time - (Health Care Technician I)
Position #00218459 / Posting #15238
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) is the clinical program of the Division of Substance Dependence, Department of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado, School of Medicine. ARTS has provided residential and outpatient empirically supported substance abuse treatment services in Colorado for over 40 years, with an emphasis on psychosocial and pharmacological treatments for adolescents, women, men, families and those involved in the criminal justice system. It is the mission of ARTS to improve the quality of life and productivity of individuals and families affected by substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders through the application of scientifically supported prevention, education, and treatment services.
The Case Manager will be a member of the treatment team at Outpatient Therapeutic Community (OTC) and will seek to remove barriers to accessing recovery support resources and services in the communities in which high risk OTC clients live and work. OTC is a continuing care program for adult clients who have successfully completed residential treatment at ARTS. This position will implement a strength-based case management model for clients in recovery at OTC. This position will draw on a network of established, long-term relationships with ARTS' community and agency partners, build relationships with and educate new community agencies on the needs of OTC clients' post-residential treatment. The CMs will also help OTC counselors with monitoring compliance with legal requirements, such as restitution payments; conducting employment verifications; addressing any job-related conflicts; and conducting routine home visits to ensure that clients are living in an environment that supports their own recovery and rehabilitation. A key role of the Case Manager is to help clients find and secure stable, longer term housing off-campus once they are financially able to do so by identifying open housing opportunities and assisting the client with preparing budgets and housing application and rental assistance applications.
ARTS is seeking a part-time (50%) Case Manager to work at the Outpatient Therapeutic Community and be responsible for a multitude of duties. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting clients in the treatment engagement and retention process by intervening when necessary to prevent drop-out and early termination from treatment.
- Assisting clients with skill building, goal setting and mentoring, promoting meaningful engagement in society, and engaging in pro-social activities.
- Advocating for, establishing linkages, and empowering clients to connect with permanent housing, education, financial assistance, parenting education, grief/loss counselors, community mutual self-help groups, mental health service providers and employers in the communities in which OTC clients live.
- Conducting weekly life skills groups on Stress Management and Time Management using a curriculum offered through the Change Company.
- Assist with monitoring client compliance with legal requirements, such as restitution payments; conducting employment verifications; addressing any job-related conflicts; and conducting routine home visits to ensure that clients are living in an environment that supports their own recovery and rehabilitation.
- Tracking of all Case Management activities for grant reporting purposes.
- Attending staff meeting and any grant related meetings.
- General office duties, including answering phone and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $17,478 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a part-time, 50%, position. Must be willing and able to work part-time.
- Possession of Colorado Addictions Counselor I (CACI) a Bachelor's degree in a related field can be substituted for the CAC.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, counseling, criminal justice, human services, or related field.
- Experience working in a substance abuse treatment environment
- Experience working with adult offender population
- Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Ability to develop appropriate therapeutic relationships with clients
- Ability to establish clear boundaries with clients
- Demonstrate abilities to build and maintain professional relationships with businesses and community organizations
- Conduct self in a professional manner with colleagues and outside organizations
- Remain objective while managing conflicting points of view
- Demonstrate success in working with staff/management and outside professionals
- Strong communications skills (both verbal and in writing) at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work as a team member within a collaborative work environment
- Good follow up skills, ability to initiate communications and negotiations with outside vendors
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of building construction/renovation/repair processes
- Excellent MS office skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Copy of diploma, certificate, or transacripts or must be able to provide a copy at time of hire. Questions should be directed to Jon Heman at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Nov 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jon Heman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00218459