Administrative Assistant of Fraternity and Sorority Life
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units.
- Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
- Serves as an administrative resource for all faculty, staff and guests visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
- Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents or communications as requested
- Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
- Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
- Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
- Monitors and assesses office stationary and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
- Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, analyzing data, tracking and archiving files
- Supervise student assistants
- Work with each organization and their inter/national headquarters and volunteers to create, maintain, and disseminate accurate and comprehensive records of Greek membership, recruitment, retention, academics, and participation on campus and within the community through philanthropic and community service efforts.
- Assist with the coordination of membership recruitment and intake processes, including the marketing and public relations strategy, room reservations, recruitment schedule, and the bid distribution process as well as maintaining a presence at all formal recruitment events.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; and revise and implement campus Fraternity and Sorority policies and procedures.
- Support marketing and public relations initiatives for the department, including maintenance of the website and social media initiatives.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience providing administrative support for large teams
- Previous experience in higher education preferred
- Previous experience within fraternity and sorority life, including undergraduate experience, preferred