Academic Business Manager
Provides management and advanced level coordination of the business affairs of an Academic College and administration of the college budget. Comprehensive oversight of the budget using analysis, forecasting and financial reporting. Responsible for ensuring compliance with University regulations, policies, procedures and financial controls. Build and maintain partnering relationships with internal stakeholders and other operational departments and divisions. This position may supervise and manage Business Operations Staff. This position reports to the Dean of the College as well as the Office of the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs.
- Administration and oversight of the college budget in support of the college’s strategic plans
- Oversee financial activities across the college including review and approval
- Continuous and comprehensive analysis to ensure efficient utilization of college resources
- Ensure fiduciary, operational and transactional compliance and accuracy
- Facilitate interpretation and execution of applicable policies and procedures
- Identify and develop process improvements
- Develop and facilitate internal financial policies and procedures
- Serve as primary intermediary for the college with all campus entities
- Provide training and support on policies and procedures to college administrators and staff
- Act in an advisory capacity to college leadership
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
- Six (6) years comparable or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership abilities to include but not limited to personnel development, coaching, goal setting and outcome measurement
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and accounting transaction systems
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently with great attention to detail
- Higher education work experience
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles