Data Operations Specialist
Working Title: Data Operations Specialist
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Center for Diabetes Technology
Posting Date: 11-29-2018
The University of Virginia's Center of Diabetes Technology is looking for a talented Data Operations Specialist to assist CDT by organizing clinical trial data and processes; monitoring data, reviewing data and data processes; applying existing data treatments onto data and modifying treatments per instruction; and supporting other staff members and project leads with general day-to-day study operations. In addition, the incumbent participates in project specific and center wide weekly technical meetings and may participate in data process or business process improvement projects.
The incumbent is required to have at minimum a bachelors degree in a related field. The incumbent is also required to have the ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and work both within a team and independently; they must be able to formulate, amend, and maintain research methods and processes, as well as be able to sort and compile scientific and business data. Experience in healthcare or data environments and/or with process improvement is highly preferred.
This is a restricted position based upon annual funding.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0624559. Complete an application attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
For questions regarding the position or application process contact Chris Black [email protected]
The University of Virginia is fundamentally committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of a specific area of subject matter expertise.
2. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently.
3. Ability to formulate research methods.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
5. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of subject matter expertise.
6. Ability to present information in multiple forums to a range of audiences.
7. Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
8. Ability to grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
9. Ability to resolve problems.
10. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
11. Ability to sort and compile data.
12. Ability to design charts and diagrams.
13.Ability to troubleshoot basic computer-related problems.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=86111