Multimedia Communications Specialist - Gies College of Business, eLearning (107449)
Multimedia Communications Specialist
Multimedia Communications Specialist - Gies College of Business, eLearning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Multimedia Communication Specialists do research on subjects to be programmed for presentation in an instructional situation, assist in the planning and production of presentations, and facilitate the most prudent use of media in meeting instructional objectives. They are responsible for the development and maintenance of a library and associated equipment, the development of automated instruction equipment for students, and assistance in the research of audio/visual instruction. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Multimedia Communications Specialist typically -
1. provides technical advice on the automation of tape instruction devices; provides technical information in the field of recording and automated musical instruction
2. designs modifications of existing equipment
3. recommends the purchase of necessary equipment and supplies
4. acquires and assimilates audio-visual elements for instructional needs
5. assists in the liaison between various departments with respect to the acquisition and production of elements to be used in instructional presentations and individual study units
6. schedules instructional materials, personnel, and facilities to meet instructional needs
7. receives, catalogs, files, and up-dates instructional materials used in a particular service
8. recommends to designated supervisor, materials, supplies, procedures, and equipment needed for efficient operation of a particular service
9. supervises and trains students in the use of instructional materials and services; supervises engineering and recording staffs as designated
10. maintains records of student attendance and use of materials and services for instruction
11. performs work related to the lower level in this series
12. performs other related duties as assigned
1. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling two (2) years (24 months), from the categories below:
a) experience in audio-visual materials preparation, instructional communications, industrial communications, installation, use, or modification of recording equipment or closely related fields
b) credit for progressively more advanced college course work comparable to that leading to a major in communications or closely related fields (such as photography, journalism, advertising, public relations, broadcasting, graphic design, music or instructional technology or video production)
• 30 semester hours equals 6 months
• 60 semester hours equals 12 months
• 90 semester hours equals 24 months
For more information about this classification:
This Multimedia Communications Specialist position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule varies (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $14.17 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Multimedia Communications Specialist. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Gies College of Business
Title: Multimedia Communications Specialist - Gies College of Business, eLearning (107449)
Open Date: 11/29/2018
Close Date: 12/13/2018
Organization Name: eLearning