Administrative Aide - Kinesiology and Community Health (105920)
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This position serves as the assistant to the Department Head, coordinates administrative matters for the Department, and supervises the office support clerical staff. This position performs a variety of essential tasks related to the Departmental work functions for the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health. The duties performed require extensive knowledge of the organization, programs, policies, systems, and procedures of the Institution.
- Manages the complex workflow for the Department Head. Includes scheduling activities on the basis of need and importance and setting priorities to assure efficient coordination of activities. Screen inquiries and appointment requests on behalf of Department Head. Assist Department Head with all travel arrangements and conference registration. Responsible for timely submission to the KCH business office of completed P-card and T-card/TEM logs and expense reports which include original receipts per OBFS policy, as well as correct CFOPS.
- Serves as the main contact for the Department. This includes screening telephone calls and visitors, determining needs and personally handling routine inquiries, requests and/or problems. Includes assisting with parking spaces for guests.
- Oversees or conducts administrative support for faculty and academic staff searches. Works with the Office Equity and Access and with the search committees to ensure University and Campus procedures are executed with due diligence.
- Prepares offer letters with regard to new appointment and reappointments
- Oversees all aspects for the Department's Colloquia Series. Set dates and work with faculty to identify speakers, arrange speaker travel and reimbursement publicize the events through e-mail and posters. Assist where needed with other department events.
- Responsible for all aspects of KCH Visiting Scholar hires including visa assistance.
- Responsible for all aspects of visa assistance for faculty hires.
- Oversees payroll adjustments, I-9 tracker, background checks, visa assistance, and HRFE appointment processing.
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll for hourly employees using the Banner system.
- Responsible for the processing of Promotion and Tenure materials for the Department. This includes but is not limited to making sure Departmental, College and University deadlines are met, guidelines are followed, and all necessary paperwork is submitted.
- Verify and update the Department's annual information in DMI coordinating with department administration with regard to the Activity Reporting System. This entails checking instructor's teaching loads, faculty assignments, and adjusting if needed.
- Responsible for all employees with FMLA and VESSA paperwork. Collects and records sick and vacation leave for all academic faculty and staff in the Banner system.
- Assists with printing posters for the departmental seminars. This involves use of computer software and specialized printer.
- Serves as facilities manager of Freer Hall.
- Responsible for preparing and sending express mailings for the department.
- Assists with communications and documents for administrators as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
(a) college course work in business, finance, accounting or a related field:
• 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
• 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
• 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
• Master's degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
(b) progressively more responsible general or specialized office experience which included aspects of supervising staff or job function, organizing, and performing duties that lead to knowledge of generally accepted office principles
- Working knowledge of all applications and procedures/processes including Banner, HireTouch, HR Front End, I-9 tracker, PARIS, ANA, etc.
- Working knowledge of other systems or computer programs needed to perform duties including P-card and TEM, Outlook, etc.
- Experience and understanding of the relationship of the Department to the College and the University is required.
- Understand University policy and procedure.
- The ability to establish deadlines and priorities, organize, set goals, prioritize, and accomplish your work.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Administrative Aide position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the deadline. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial copy of transcripts or copy of your diploma is acceptable) by December 13, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Applied Health Sciences
Title: Administrative Aide - Kinesiology and Community Health (105920)
Open Date: 11/29/2018
Close Date: 12/13/2018
Organization Name: Kinesiology and Community Health