Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Additional hours during peak times as needed
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility VA Education Benefits and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Registrar's Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Registrar for Academic Publications to join our team. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations as well as the management oversight of Catalog/Curriculum Support, Schedule of Classes and classroom scheduling and the development and publication of the Academic Calendar. Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
* Accurate and timely production of the annual online academic graduate and undergraduate catalogs using Curriculog and Acalog software, including development of workflow and approval processes.
* Ensuring adherence to academic policy and university guidelines in the timely and accurate development of course offerings and assignment of classroom space.
* Accurate and timely publication of the online schedule of classes information and the academic calendar.
* Hiring and oversight of staff in assigned area, including hiring, training, evaluation, coaching, and professional development.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three or more years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Demonstrated competency in administering services and operations in a college/university environment, including demonstrated skill in problem solving and change management.
* Knowledge of hiring, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff.
* Commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
* Ability to work in a collaborative results-oriented environment.
* Consistently exercise initiative, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
* Evaluate and resolve problems.
* Establishes, motivates, and supports effective teams to meet objectives.
* Manages conflict, works collaboratively within office and with other university departments.
* Current knowledge of Federal educational laws and policies pertaining to education records.
* Ability to effectively use computer and information technology.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree in related field
* Strong communication skills and an understanding of the operations of higher education are necessary.
* The ability to analyze information and manage complex operations is required.
* Experience with academic catalog development and scheduling is preferred.
* Web editing experiencing is beneficial.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, and a minimum of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting