VP Digital Strategy Innovation - 230000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The University of North Texas has an enrollment in excess of 38,000 students and is located in the DFW Metroplex. UNT is a tier one research University with 63 degree programs rated within the top 100 in field of study. The campus is also located in Denton County, the top rated county in the US for economic development and growth.
The University of North Texas Division of Digital Strategy and Innovation is responsible for leading the university in the areas of educational technology, online, and blended initiatives, and digital learning research serving students and faculty both on-campus and at a distance. Digital Strategy and Innovation collaborates across UNT's academic and administrative units to ensure a world-class, 21st century institution, redefining public land-grant education through cutting-edge experimentation where the science of learning is the fulcrum that enables innovative, omnichannel, lifelong education for the North Texas community and learners across the globe.
The Vice President for Digital Strategy and Innovation at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides administrative support to the Vice President for Digital Strategies and Innovation, including drafting and managing correspondence and communications, scheduling appointments and managing the Vice President's calendar with upcoming deadlines and agenda items that require action by the Vice President. Coordinating travel arrangements, compiling various reports, maintenance of records and other documentation, project management, and coordinating special events.
* Coordinates the collection and analysis of data and the preparation of materials for the Vice President prior to meetings and conferences.
* Ensures the completion of required reports. May serve as personal assistant to the Vice President.
* Serves as a liaison and a point of contact, including providing support to departments reporting to the Vice President and being a resource in the resolution of complex, highly sensitive, and confidential administrative matters.
* Provides leadership for all departmental functions to include planning, directing, and evaluating departmental operations.
* Coordinates work flow of office staff and may be responsible for the selection, hiring, and training of office personnel and/or student workers.
* Identifies and recommends improvements for administrative procedures and/or makes evaluative judgments in implementing changes as appropriate to administrative procedures.
* May lead or serve on various State, local, University, and System-wide committees, sometimes representing the Vice President if absent.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and five years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced MS Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
* Supervisory skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with or interest in innovation and online education.
* Experience with building duties, expectations and functions of newly created positions.
* Experience with supporting a geographically diverse department.
* Experience with university policies, procedures and systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting