Accounts Payable Supervisor
Hyde Park Campus
83766 Shared Services
About the Unit
The Shared Services Office (SSO) is a service organization dedicated to continuous improvement. We strive to deliver high quality services and an excellent experience so faculty and staff can focus on teaching and research. The SSO offers key procure-to-pay, payroll, human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and technology enhancements.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible providing organizational and functional support to the payment section of the University's central accounts payable team in the areas of daily operational activities and in-house training.
- Supervise the payment processing function within the University's central accounts payable department
- Coordination with various departments to ensure efficient and accurate payment processing and resolution of discrepancies
- Hire, train, evaluate, lead, and develop the activities of employees who perform accounts payable roles for the Procure-to-Pay Shared Services organization
- Assist Manager in developing departmental guidelines and ensure compliance with those guidelines
- Work with Manager in evaluating departmental staffing requirements
- Responsible for development and completion of departmental goals including identifying and implementing continuous improvement efficiencies
- Ensure adherence to IRS policies
- Support the Procure-to-Pay Shared Services Director in identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvements in processes, systems, and procedures
- Ensure service is delivered with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and in accordance with SLAs
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated history of balancing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business with a focus on meeting milestones and deadlines
- Demonstrated success in project leadership roles managing competing priorities and building a positive, growth-oriented, team-based environment
- Ability to enforce policies and continuously focus on process improvement
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-through
- Strong personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality when working with sensitive information required
- Exceptional communication skills to create an atmosphere in which information flows smoothly through the organization in a timely manner
- Ability to develop opportunities and cross-training throughout the Procure-to-Pay department
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to empathize and focus on client service required
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business administration; or equivalent experience
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Related business experience with strong emphasis on expense management
- Familiarity with administrative processes, procedures, and systems within a university setting (preferred)
- Previous experience in a higher education institution (preferred)
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/