Position Number: 10043046
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Oconee
Job Close Date: 12/12/2018
Salary Minimum: $18.34 / hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Admissions Coordinator on the Oconee campus. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for coordinating admissions functions for a comprehensive university of nearly 20,000 students spanning five campuses. This person is the primary Admissions representation for the Oconee campus and leads a team of student tour guides to assist with accomplishing assigned responsibilities.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Admissions Coordinator will:
- Search, hire, train, develop, supervise and evaluate 10-15 student tour guides. Keep subordinates informed of changes in policy and procedures and recognize outstanding performance
- Assist new student recruitment by coordinating the Oconee spring and fall open house events, group tours, Oconee Counselor Conference, and other activities, and supervising the Oconee campus visit program. If required, visit high schools and attend off-campus recruiting events. Assist with e-mail communications and editing of the UNG Undergraduate Admissions webpages. Update social media outlets for the Oconee campus. Ensure all information is current, accurate, appropriately referenced, and branding is in accordance with university relations guidelines.
- Evaluate applications for admission and make admissions decisions. Audit admissions records in the Banner Information System to identify and eliminate discrepancies.
- Perform admissions officer of the day duties. Counsel and assist prospective students and parents via phone, email, and in person about UNG programs and enrollment process.
- Develop and foster relationships with local community-based organizations, non-profit organizations and fellow institutions in the area.
- Understand admissions, UNG and USG policies and regulations as they pertain to recruitment activities, and ensure subordinates are trained on their responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Associate Director of Admissions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to make strong presentations to groups of prospective students and parents
- Knowledge of social media outlets
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Georgia driver's license
- Proficiency with the SCT Banner student information system is desired, as is proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Identify Verification: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.