Requisition Number S1625
Position Number Temp Pool for Research / Lab Technician
Position Classification Title Research Technician
Functional Title Research Technician
Position Type Temporary Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a public, coeducational, doctoral-granting, residential university chartered in 1891. It is one of the three original institutions of The University of North Carolina System.
The Department of Human Resources is seeking qualified individuals for temporary Research / Lab Technician positions that may become available on campus. When a UNCG Department is in need of a temporary Research / Lab Technician, qualified applicants who have applied to this temporary pool will be considered.
Positions will provide support to experimental processes in a laboratory, clinic, field and/or teaching environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research experiments
- Collecting and summarizing research data
- Providing proper laboratory/study subject care.
DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- At least six (6) months of directly related research experience in the field in which the position will be assigned.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory, clinic, field and/or teaching environment
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, than management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Applications will remain active for this posting until the scheduled closed date (roughly 90 days). You may then re-apply to the new active posting.
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applications are not complete until an online confirmation number is received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $11.63 - $13.68
Org #-Department Human Resources - 58401
Work Hours of Position Hours will vary depending on the needs to the Department
Competency Level Contributing
Open Date 10/01/2018
Close Date 12/31/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 55
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have previous experience working in a laboratory for research purposes?
- * Please list the research subject/discipline in which you have had previous experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu