Tech Support Technician
Requisition Number S1627
Position Number Temporary Pool Tech Support Technician
Position Classification Title Tech Support Technician
Functional Title Tech Support Technician
Position Type Temporary Staff
The Department of Human Resources is seeking qualified individuals to consider for temporary Tech Support Technician positions that MAY become available on campus. When a UNCG Department is in need of a temporary Tech Support Technician, qualified applicants who have applied to this currently active temporary pool will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Personal desktop and device support;
- Software updates;
- System Maintenance;
- Communication and Information;
- Website Maintenance and Development
- Other duties assigned by a Supervisor
Graduation from high school and one year in the field of technology related to the positions' role. Computer coursework may be substituted year for year for the required experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional six (6) months experience
- Advanced level requires an additional one (1) year of experience
- Tech Support experience in higher education
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
This posting will remain active for one quarter (roughly ninety (90) days). After the quarterly cycle, this posting will close and the application will be cancelled. You may then re-apply to the new active posting. The Close Date listed indicates when this quarterly posting will close.
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for qualifications to be considered.
Applications are not complete until an online confirmation number is received at the end of the application process.
Temporary positions are paid on an hourly rate basis. Rate will be approved by Human Resources.
Recruitment Range $15.00 - $24.66, Salary will be based on education and experience. HR will approve salary.
Org #-Department Human Resources - 58401
Work Hours of Position Determined by the Supervisor
Open Date 10/01/2018
Close Date 12/31/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 63
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Describe your work experience providing technology support by phone and email.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience in higher education?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu