Academic Professional Instructor
Position Number 998694 & 998693
Functional Title Academic Professional Instructor
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
UNCG Online: The Division of Online Learning (UNCG Online) at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) invites applications and nominations from qualified online educators to join us in support of our online Bachelor of Science in Integrated Professional Studies (BIPS) Program. We are seeking two 12 month, full-time, non-tenure, academic professional track (APT) Instructor. This position is available Spring 2019. The successful candidate will:
*Teach online courses in the BIPS program
*Coach and mentor students
*Work with UNCG Online to market and promote the BIPS Program
*Assist in the development and design of new online courses as well as updating of existing courses
APT faculty are full-time, fixed-term, non-tenure track positions that come with full UNCG benefits.
Additionally, the successful candidate must:
- Work effectively/engage in collaborative scholarship with a culturally diverse
- Be a productive academic citizen within UNCG, partner with other universities and community colleges and engage the broader community
- Possess a Master's Degree with a doctoral degree preferred
- Have a record of successful teaching or demonstrate potential for effective teaching at the
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Because this position will teach nearly exclusively in the BIPS Program, the following online and BIPS-specific skills will also be sought:
- Experience in the design of asynchronous online courses
- Experience in teaching and mentoring asynchronous online students.
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse constituencies (in person and virtually)
- Experience in systems and/or design thinking.
- Familiarity with the integration of these skills within subject based courses and each other is required.
- Experience with teaching courses utilizing project-based learning.
- Professional work in corporate, non-profit, government ( outside the academy) is a plus
The BIPS program provides an innovative, flexible, transdisciplinary online degree. The degree focuses on the attainment of 21st century work skills identified by employers as critical professional preparation for the jobs of the future. Students will learn and apply core skills to specific professional contexts through case studies and other collaborative projects, and will build a portfolio demonstrating their growth throughout the degree. The professional/career/industry areas of focus enable students to tailor curricula to their specific career goals.
UNCG Online offers services and programs to support and grow online education at UNC Greensboro, primarily focused on new online program planning and incubation, online course development, marketing and recruitment, faculty support, and online student support services. In addition, in concert with UNCG faculty, UNCG Online leads and supports various academic projects and initiatives related to shaping the future of online learning at UNC Greensboro.
For more information about UNCG Online, please visit https://online.uncg.edu/uncg-online-division-programs-and-services.
The Triad area is an ideal setting for the teacher and scholar who values balance. Greensboro, with a population of about 280,000, is a thriving, civic-minded city with its own Symphony Orchestra, Community Theater, Opera Company, Civic Ballet, and many outstanding public and private recreation areas and facilities. Greensboro is situated in the Piedmont Triad, an area of great natural beauty, diverse industry, cultural arts, and mild temperatures. North Carolina's mountain resorts are an easy two-hour drive from Greensboro and the beaches of North and South Carolina are three to four hours away. The Research Triangle is about an hour and a half away. More information is available at: http://www.piedmonttriadnc.com/
Review of applications will begin on 11/28/2018 and continue until the position is filled. We are accepting electronic submissions only. Applicants should apply through the JobSearch portal at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/
Salary is commensurate with experience
Tenure Status Not on Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Teaching Philosophy
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $58,000 - $69,000
Org #-Department UNCG Online - 10301
Job Open Date 11/29/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Teaching Philosophy
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu