Manager of Stamford Business Information Technology Services, UCP 7
Job Title: Manager of Stamford Business Information Technology Services, UCP 7
Job ID: 2019245
Location: Stamford Campus
The School of Business Department of Information Technology is seeking a full-time Manager of Stamford Business Information Technology Services (Computer Technical Support Consultant 2), UCP 7. The incumbent will report to the Director of Information Technology and will manage all technology support services for the Stamford Campus School of Business programs and employees. The position will be based at the Stamford campus. Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel to conferences, other UConn campuses or other in-state locations will be required. Evening and weekend hours will also be required on occasion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercising leadership in coordinating technology support across Stamford Business programs, through:
- Determining technology requirements of users and potential users.
- Coordinating the development of specifications for computer systems and related hardware and software.
- Designing and implementing computing and networking software and hardware standards for servers, workstations, printers and other peripheral devices in consultation with the Director of IT.
- Identifying and investigating potential problems and taking action to ensure the most effective resolution for continuance of the projects/goals.
- Providing assessment of technology use and designing recommendations for improvement.
- Serving as a resource to users and staff in resolving technology issues.
- Managing technical support for CITI labs, website, and initiatives through:
- Consulting with CITI's business clients, faculty, and staff regarding their computing requirements.
- Supporting CITI's IT professional development course preparation and delivery.
- Ensuring the continuous, uninterrupted availability and functionality of CITI networking systems, and coordinating technical support for CITI websites.
- Researching and recommending new technology and related business opportunities to the Director of IT.
- Supervising, and assigning/monitoring work of full-time and student technology staff.
- Providing leadership in developing and maintaining an ongoing hiring, training and mentoring program for student technicians and other support staff.
- Resolving complex software, hardware or networking problems.
- Supervising the delivery of A/V and teleconferencing services to Stamford Business programs.
- Installing, supporting, and managing advanced research and teaching software including virtual infrastructure and platforms such as VMWare vSphere and vCenter, Microsoft Windows servers and alternative open-source solutions.
- Working with Storrs-based server administrators to provide systems support for Stamford-based interdepartmental enterprise servers.
- Responding to emergency network outages and repair request and/or off-peak network implementations as required for maintaining optimum service levels with minimal interruptions to users and network downtime.
- Supporting and participating in outreach efforts related to academic department programs, which may include designing, teaching and/or assisting with computer-related workshops.
- Developing and recommending new internal operating procedures and policy revisions designed to improve administrative services.
- Selecting products for review, researching new products and product upgrades, coordinating testing and implementation of products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science related field or equivalent combination of education and/or training and three years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware, assembly, troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration, computer network management and desktop virtualization.
- Demonstrated experience with video conferencing and distance education software such as Microsoft Skype and WebEx, and Polycom Bridge hardware.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with mobile computers, interfaces, devices and related peripherals.
- Demonstrated experience with organizing workloads, handling difficult problems effectively and efficiently, and exercising sound judgement in decision-making.
- Demonstrated computer software experience with MS Office Professional Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with computer hardware repair.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and administrators as well as external agencies and the public.
- Extremely high level of motivation, independence, leadership, and responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience working well under stress.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekends on occasion in support of department and program needs.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-state and out-of-state on occasion in support of department and program needs.
- Experience in teaching, training and conducting workshops.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working with external vendors in troubleshooting issues and designing solutions.
- Demonstrated high degrees of skill and knowledge in network systems and security configurations.
- Demonstrated history of understanding needs, evaluating resources and devising a workable solution.
- Experience in web creation, publishing.
- Prior experience working in a higher education environment.
This is a full-time position based in Stamford.
Please apply online at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions (Search #2019245). Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019245)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on December 13, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.