Job no: 496800
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Deans Office/Manning Sch Busi
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience/range
Applications Open: Nov 29 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Dean, the Business Manager oversees the business functions of the Manning School of Business. Provides support, communications, solutions, and guidance on college business matters. Assist Dean's Office in the daily functions of the College to ensure that needs are being met and to advance the mission of the University.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years' administrative/financial experience;
* will consider candidates with HS diploma/GED equivalent and 10 years related experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft Modules, including Financials, Human Resources, SiS preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred
- An attitude of flexibility and creative problem solving;
- Time management, planning, and organizational skills required;
- Operates under regular deadline pressure in order to meet operational and reporting requirements;
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and vendors;
- Maintain confidential information;
- Perform multiple tasks in a timely fashion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.