Development Coordinator between UMass Lowell and Greentown Labs
Job no: 496780
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Salary: $20 - $25/hour
Applications Open: Nov 29 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The coordinator will divide his/her time evenly between Greentown Labs and UMass Lowell and will serve as a liaison between the two institutions, a resource for both organizations, and an ambassador for the partnership. This is a temporary, non-benefited, non-unit position.
The primary responsibilities of the Development Coordinator will be as follows:
- Organizing and maintaining a schedule of events to be held at Greentown Labs that will provide Greentown Labs member companies with information regarding the research expertise of UML faculty and is relevant to the development of clean energy technologies, as well as the information on the shared laboratory equipment and services available at UML through its Core Research Facility.
- Work with Greentown Labs member companies to provide connections with UML research faculty that may lead to research collaborations.
- Provide information to Greentown Labs and its member companies regarding opportunities for placement of UML student interns and Co-ops.
- Work with Greentown Labs staff to organize events and conferences to highlight the UML-Greentown Labs collaboration and the expertise and resources of both organizations on topics pertaining to the clean energy sector. This can include programs such as "Lunch and Learn" sessions to be held at UML and Greentown Labs.
- Work with Greentown Labs, its member companies and UML faculty and staff to assist with efforts related to research funding opportunities that will support the partnership.
- Work with marketing and public relations departments at UML and Greentown Labs to support efforts to document and promote the benefits and interests of the partnership.
- Develop and maintain a presence on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) for the UML/Greentown Labs partnership. Assist in creating content that can be featured in either of the institutions' formal website.
- Develop additional select programming opportunities for Greentown Labs members interested in technical validation resources related to the UML offering with an emphasis on energy technology and storage.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- B.S. degree with a preference in an engineering or scientific discipline OR other disciplines with significant experience or interests related to renewable energy
- Knowledge of energy issues and a desire to work in creating a cooperative atmosphere
- The ability to work independently and effectively with diverse groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to commute between Lowell, MA and Somerville, MA
- Familiarity with social media marketing
- Attention to details and desire to plan and execute events
- Interest in learning new technologies and explore ways to promote advancement in energy technology
- Ability to adapt in a face paced work atmosphere with constant changes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.