Business Assistant Professor (Business Law)
Description of Position
This is a full-time, tenure track position in the Business Administration Department, part of the Business Division. The business law professor will provide quality learning opportunities that assist students in meeting their educational and career goals in general business programs. This business law faculty member will primarily teach courses that introduce students to the study of business administration with the specific task of assisting students in their understanding of legal institutions and codes that are a part of all business transactions. The faculty will also take part in curriculum management and development, advise students, maintain current expertise in the field, and participate on college committees.
The preferred applicant will also have knowledge of or experience in areas of general business and participate in the teaching and the development of curriculum, certificates, and programs in those areas.
Business Assistant Professor (Business Law)
Diablo Valley College
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Master€™s degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education
2. Bachelor€™s degree in any of the above AND master€™s degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or Juris Doctorate (J.D.) or Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B.) degree
3. Bachelor€™s degree in economics with a business emphasis AND master€™s degree in personnel management, public administration, or J.D. or LL.B. degree
4. A valid California Community College Credential authorizing full time instruction in Business
5. The equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the document section of the online application. Additionally, if you are unsure that you meet the minimum qualifications, please fill out the equivalency form found at the following URL: www.dvc.edu/masters-equiv.
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all students in the open-access learning environment of a community college;
2. Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of diversity, and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation;
3. Commitment to professional growth and development, and to innovation and improvement of teaching;
4. Ability to assume faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment, including committee membership, student club advising, administrative department duties and reporting;
5. Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the subject area;
6. Demonstrated work experience in accounting and in other business-related areas.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please respond to the required Supplemental Questions addressing the minimum and desirable qualifications. These supplemental questions are a required part of the application. They are designed to give you the opportunity to provide information about how you meet the desirable qualifications for the position. ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS even if you repeat information provided elsewhere in the application. The information provided in these questions will be used to determine which individuals will be invited for an interview and teaching demonstration.
Note: The disciplines listed in the minimum qualifications are determined by the statewide Academic Senate for California Community Colleges. If the title(s) of your degree major(s) listed on your unofficial transcripts or other documents from the degree-granting institutions are not an EXACT MATCH to the degrees listed below, please submit an equivalency form. Without it, your application will not be considered. You can copy and paste the following in your browser, www.dvc.edu/masters-equiv, to obtain the equivalency form. The completed form can be uploaded in the attachment section of the application.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.