Interventional Radiology/Assoc. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-02-19
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
- Perform and interpret interventional procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and innovative interventional procedures
- Be responsible for evaluating patients both pre and post intervention and contribute to the expansion of outpatient clinics for interventional procedures
- Develop of strategy for research in clinical and/or basic interventions
- Supervise performance of technical personnel.
- Evaluate and consult new referrals and follow up patients in IR clinic.
- Exercise quality assurance as related to the practice of interventional radiology.
- Provide clinical consultation as requested.
- Provide emergency patient care as required in the setting of a radiology practice.
- Be part of the on-call schedule in Interventional Radiology.
- Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Chairman and/or Section Chief related to the practice of Interventional Radiology.
- Participate in formal and informal teaching activities as required in:
- Diagnostic Radiology residency training programs and in the training program in Vascular/ Interventional Radiology
- Serve as a mentor to radiology residents and fellows
- Medical student education program
- Technological radiology educational programs
- Continuing medical education programs
- Serve on Departmental and University as requested by the Chair.
Approx. 50 hr/wk, schedule as assigned, requires a M.D. from an accredited Medical School (or foreign equivalent), Florida Medical License or equivalent, American Board of Radiology Certification. Completion of an ACGME approved Fellowship Program in Vascular Interventional Radiology Rank and salary is commensurate with experience. This position requires the use of a lead apron (8-12pds) when performing procedures involving radiation.
External Applicants apply UM Career Site at http://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/index.html
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.