Professor, Endowed Chair
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-09
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools” ranks the SONHS’ master’s programs 27th and the doctorate in nursing practice 31st. Among schools of nursing, the SONHS’ scientific portfolio is ranked 23rd in the nation for NIH funding. Cutting-edge research conducted by some of the world’s top healthcare scientists focuses on topics such as health disparities, global health, patient outcomes, disaster preparedness and patient safety. The SONHS’ 5-story, 41,000 square-foot, cutting-edge Simulation Hospital opened on September, 2017. It replicates the true flow of activities in a clinical practice and hospital and will be a global destination center for simulation-based education, research and service; this facility will be a resource for expansion of healthcare education and research initiatives.
The School of Nursing and Health Studies at the University of Miami is seeking to fill an Endowed Chair, Professor position. Candidates must hold a Research Doctorate (PhD) in nursing or related field. Candidates must have an outstanding portfolio in advanced nursing education, a distinguished record of research in scholarly achievement, publications, and experience mentoring students. Additionally, candidates must have attained national, international professional recognition, and a level commensurate with tenure as a full professor.
- Teaches in the undergraduate and graduate programs as agreed by the Dean
- Contributes to guidance of scholarly projects of students within courses; and contributes to curriculum and course development activities (e.g., course coordination, course evaluation materials, development of simulations)
- Academic advising of students
- Develops and collaborates on scholarship and research activities
- Leads research funding initiatives serving as project director/coordinator or collaborator for pilot internal and or external grants.
- Maintains a program of research supported by external funding
- Presents scholarly papers at peer-reviewed conferences at the national/international level
- Expected to publish an average of two articles each year, as first or co-author in refereed and indexed journals or chapters in books.
- Serves as mentor for new faculty
- Participates on community and academic service activities
- Serves as a member of SONHS committees and chairs a committee or workgroup.
- Serve as a member on University committees
To apply: Candidates must submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of 3 recent publications, and contact information for 3 professional references via the online application process. For questions regarding this position, please contact Zuzer Calero at email@example.com. Applications for this position will be accepted until a candidate is identified.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:FacultyPay Grade:50