Contract Trainers-Manufacturing,Health Care, Skilled Trades, Public Works and Lean/Continuous Improv
***EXTERNAL POSTING OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE***
Date: November 28, 2018
Title: Contract Trainers- Manufacturing (Basic electrical, Welding , Electrical controls, PLC, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanical skills, CNC or Precision machining, MS office applications, OSHA 10-hour for General Industry, Manufacturing skills training – such as blueprint reading, Metrology/Gauging, Shop math, Basic GD&T, Problem solving)
Contract Trainers- Health Care (R.N.’s with long-term care for Certified Nursing Assistant program, Certified Phlebotomists, Pharmacy and contractors with Behavioral Health experience)
Contract Trainers- Skilled Trades, Public Works (Waste water treatment, water certifications, Environmental certifications, Lead abatement certification, Asbestos certification, Electrical, Heavy equipment operations, G.I.S., Core construction, Concrete, Masonry, Plumbing, Apartment maintenance, Forklift, CDL)
Contract Trainers- Lean/Continuous Improvement (Mistake Proofing, Integrating Six Sigma into Lean Systems, Six Sigma-Green & Black Belt)
Position Number: 937
Hours: VARY, Depends on the opportunity
Salary: VARY, Depends on the opportunity & TRAINER EXPERIENCE
Works Directly with: Customized Training Manager OR Program Manager/Developer Health Programs OR Continuing Education/Professional Development Lead
Closing Date: Open until filled
General Information Workforce Training is interested in contracted trainers who not only have the qualifications mentioned above and below, but who possess an interest in working with diverse learners; represent a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin, and ability; engage in and develop innovative teaching methods, which include a variety of mediated instructional applications; and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, individually and for the customers and the College.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts training programs to meet specified requirements of identified customer outcomes.
- Observes and supervises trainees in classroom and laboratory, and answers trainees’ questions.
- Creates curriculum based on customer needs.
- Manages projects and meets projected time lines as required.
- Provides prompt and efficient service to the customer and Workforce Training staff.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training manuals, demonstration models, visual aids, tutorials and reference works.
- Exercises professional judgment.
- Uses appropriate adult learning and training methods in the classroom.
- Communicates with Workforce Training staff and customers in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Collects and/or completes the necessary data such as attendance sheets, registration forms, evaluations, and time tracking in a timely and accurate manner. Returns completed paperwork in a timely manner.
- Evaluates trainees to measure progress and effectiveness of training when required.
- Practices Continuous Quality improvement to modify and improve training programs to meet existing and future needs of Workforce Training’s customers.
- Uses appropriate electronic technologies for communication.
- Follows established work safety policies and procedures
- Supports the development of training proposals as requested
Job Specifications Education
- Degree and/or industry certification/credentials required
- Minimum of four (4) years of documented professional experience in field they will contract in.
- Previous training/instructional experience, specifically working with adult learners
Experience & Skills A successful contracted trainer will:
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Communicate effectively with customers, participants, and Workforce Training/GRCC staff
- Industry Experience: 4+years
- Professional designation (CPIM, CPA, PE, RN, LPN, C.N.A., etc.) preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree desired, but will consider related experience in area of expertise.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess an interest in working with diverse trainee/learner populations that represents a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin, and ability.
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting a learning-centered environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, individually and for the College.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule (as mutually agreed upon by the customer and Workforce Training staff).
- Varies, Depends on the opportunity
- Varies, Depends on the opportunity
METHOD OF APPLICATION Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position via our website at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Please include your resume and cover letter in one document. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.