This position reports directly to and supports the Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer (VPF/CFO) by managing the accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable and general accounting activities of the College. The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring and managing the annual operating and capital budgets, producing financial statements in accordance with GAAP, performing monthly budget variance analyses, coordinating and administering various audit processes including but not limited to the annual fiscal audit, A-133 audit and employee defined contribution retirement plan audit. Further, the incumbent will assist the VPF/CFO in developing the annual budget, developing a multi-year budget model, performing net revenue analyses, performing program cost and profitability analyses, filing continuing disclosure reporting, filing various survey and compliance reports and other ad hoc financial analyses and reporting. The incumbent will also assist the VPF/CFO in handling all aspects of the College’s property and casualty insurance program, and completing all required tax reporting including the annual IRS Form 990 and 5500 filings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (required), Master’s degree in business or accounting (preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (required).
- Three or more years’ supervisory experience and at least eight years of progressively responsible financial and accounting experience in higher education preferred.
- Excellent communications and management skills
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems for comparable sized or larger institutions
- Thorough knowledge of the operations, functions, and scope of authority common in business affairs of College or similar organizations.
- Ability to organize, manage and be highly productive meeting deadlines and to work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students.
Benefits package includes medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision, life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long-term disability, retirement plan, tuition remission and vacation & sick leave accrual.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, a list of 3 references and the Rocky Mountain College application (go to www.rocky.edu and click on Resources, Office & Department, Human Resources, Employment Opportunities and find the position) via email at [email protected] or mail to: Human Resources, Rocky Mountain College, 1511 Poly Drive, Billings, MT 59102 AA/EOE
Apply for CONTROLLER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly