FT Assistant Professor - Biology
Teach courses in the Biology Program, with a focus on non-major Biology courses, consistent with current developments in the discipline and teaching methods. Participate in program/department leadership teams and divisional/college-wide committees with a focus on continual improvement of programs and learning outcomes. Participate in curriculum and course development, course and program coordination, tutoring and advising students, mentoring and reviewing peers, and shared governance of the College. Must demonstrate a commitment to the diversity of a multi-cultural population, as well as work effectively in a team-based environment, seeking continuous improvement and adherence to the community college philosophy.
- Master’s Degree in Biology or a biological science sub-field from a regionally accredited college or university. If the Master’s Degree is in a biological sciences sub-field, must have a minimum of 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) of graduate-level coursework in biological sciences.
- A minimum of two years of college level biology teaching.
- Experience in teaching interdisciplinary biology and/or environmental science at the college level.
- Experience in course and program-wide assessment.
- Experience in curriculum developmental and improvement.
- Leadership experience.
At the time of application, in order to be considered for this position, you must be near completion of the required degree, i.e. within the semester prior to the position start date. Please provide a copy of your most recent transcript pertaining to the required degree. Human Resources will need an Official Transcript confirming the degree has been completed and conferred before an Official Offer can be made.