AV Technology Specialist
AV Technology Specialist
Campus Media Services
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Coordinate Audio/Visual (AV) equipment reservations for academic use by WPI students, faculty, and staff. Provide oversight of equipment inventory. Assist with setting up and operating AV equipment at various locations on campus to support university initiatives. Provide support for video production and campus-wide poster printing service.
- Create AV equipment reservations based on requests received and coordinate loans with members of the WPI community
- Assist in managing large pool of AV equipment and reservation system
- Conduct annual equipment inventory
- Provide phone, e-mail, in-person, and on-site support and education to students, faculty and staff on supported AV systems and equipment
- Coordinate the laptop imaging process and maintenance of laptops available for loan. Ensure student support staff understand and follow the reimaging protocol
- Coordinate the reservation and distribution of laptops for off-campus project sites and summer camp programs
- Provide assistance with set-up and operation of AV equipment in various campus locations for academic and administrative events
- Assist Campus Multimedia Coordinator provide video production support for campus meetings and events
- Under the guidance of the AV Support Specialist, print posters utilizing acceptable quality guidelines
- Conduct extensive research and recommend purchase of computer and audio/visual related technologies to support WPI academic initiatives
- Assist Manager of Campus Media Services generate reports on equipment usage and event support
- Maintain and update departmental wiki and other documentation
- Assist ATC staff with the resolution of technology issues experienced by users of campus A/V technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of AV equipment and hands-on experience in AV set-ups involving laptops, projectors, display resolutions, audio recording, sound mixing, wired and wireless microphones
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot computer hardware, software, operating system, and peripheral issues
- Experience supporting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Experience in video production; recording meetings and events
- Proficiency using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and/or Final Cut Pro
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Candidate must be customer service driven, have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be able to adapt quickly to situations as they arise and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Candidate must be able to work regular evening hours and occasional weekends as assigned
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/AV-Technology-Specialist_R0000139
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency