Strategic Communications Coordinator
University Libraries: Strategic Communications Coordinator to be responsible for defining and leading the execution of the overall Miami University Libraries communications strategies, managing communications from the Dean’s office, and engaging external audiences, including alumni and prospective donors. The position is part of the Share & Showcase Department within the University Libraries and reports to the associate dean.
Strategic priorities include: Creating awareness within the campus community surrounding services and resources available through the Libraries; demonstrating the value of the university libraries system to university leadership, alumni and donors; aligning the libraries team through internal communications media.
- Leads a cohesive overall communications plan and subsequent external relations strategies, including print and online mediums, social media and select events.
- Brand manager for the Miami University Libraries, including the messaging and the look.
- Advises on and coordinates communications efforts from the Dean’s Office, including presentation support and efforts to steward libraries donors.
- Works collaboratively with university advancement and libraries fundraising staff to support alumni outreach and fundraising efforts.
- Supervises full-time communications specialist and student staff while managing involvement of staff from across the division in support of specific events and initiatives.
- Serves as lead writer and managing editor for major publications and eCommunications.
- Collaborates with the Steward and Sustain Department including the Walter Havighurst Special Collections and archival collections to promote the collections, exhibits and other events as a way of engaging alumni, donors and the community.
Require: Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism or related field; three years of post-baccalaureate experience in a communications or external relations field with evidence of progressive job responsibilities; excellent written and verbal communications skills; excellent editing skills, including technical knowledge, grammar and formatting; project management experience and a proven record of prioritizing and balancing a range of ongoing, recurring and emerging tasks; strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deadline pressures; ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment across a variety of partners, both organizationally and across campus. The university will not sponsor H-1B for this position.
Desire: Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite products; familiarity with email marketing platforms, such as Emma; experience coordinating and supporting events.; experience in developing communications plans and strategies; experience in higher education communications, alumni relations and/or development.
Submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and list of three references to https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6618. Direct inquiries to Donna Richardson at [email protected] Screening of applicants will begin January 2, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff @miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http:/ /www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.