Mobile Security/Community Officer
The officer serves the various constituencies of the university in a manner that is consistent with the educational philosophy and principles of the institution. The primary objective of the position is to reduce the threat of physical harm, protect the physical assets of the university and to provide assistance and emergency response services as warranted.
- Conduct both mobile and walking patrol of the campus on an assigned shift. Respond promptly and professionally to requests for assistance and emergencies. Provide effective "First Responder” support in all medical emergencies. (25%)
- Enforce the rules, regulations and policies of the university, and applicable local/state/federal laws, in order to maintain a peaceful and orderly academic environment. Conduct thorough security checks of all assigned university facilities in order to ensure their integrity and the safety of their contents. (25%)
- Submit comprehensive written reports as assigned. (15%)
- Provide security and crowd control at special events. (15%)
- Perform all security, public safety, law enforcement, protective service, or emergency/general service as instructed. (15%)
Perform other specialized operational functions within the department as assigned. (5%)
Department: Daily communication with central dispatch via portable radio and telephone. Frequent contact with patrol officers.
University: Daily contact with University staff and faculty.
External: Occasional contact with general public during special events.
Students: Daily contact with Case students using facility.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Experience: Prior security experience preferable. Must pass a thorough background investigation including criminal history. Candidates will be required to undergo psychological screening and a physical agility skills assessment.
Education/Licensing: High school education required, two-year degree in Law Enforcement/ Criminal Justice preferred. Possess a valid Ohio operator's license with no significant violations.
- Have an understanding of the security function within an educational institution.
- Possess the ability to interact in a sensitive, courteous and understanding manner with members of a diverse academic community.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with and able to operate fire and security equipment located at the site
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues, supervisors and customers face to face
- Ability to meet consistent attendance
Exposure to inside and outside environmental conditions. May required reaching, standing, walking, climbing, fingering, grasping and feeling, and the ability to lift or move objects of up to 20 pounds. May require rotating shirts and extended hours and/or weekends.