Senior Manager, Treasury
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
• Students Matter
• Inspire Excellence
• Act Intentionally
• Better Together
• No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381
Position Summary:The Senior Manager, Treasury is responsible for directing, managing, overseeing, and auditing the financial tracking and reporting of the College's outstanding debt, tax revenues, and cash management. Performs ongoing and targeted financial analysis, keeping up with industry standards, regulatory requirements, and best practices. Evaluates LSC's bond, tax, and cash management related processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all related regulatory requirements. Reviews bond, tax, and cash management related activities, processes, and procedures and recommends improvements where needed. Prepares professional level reports for internal and external constituents, and manages and reviews the work of multiple staff members performing bond, tax and cash management related work
Job Functions:1. Reviews and monitors the spending of bond money to ensure LSC's use of bond funds is in compliance with all applicable regulations; reviews and analyzes bond budgets, cash flow forecasts and financial statement disclosures
2. Creates, analyzes, and utilizes a variety of executive-level, professional reports; uses resulting data-driven information in decision-making and to provide informed bond and cash management related updates to internal and external constituents at all levels
3. Performs on-going and targeted financial analysis regarding bond projects, and monitors the use of bond funds and calculations of private use and arbitrage; ensures LSC compliance with all applicable internal and external rules, laws, regulations, guidelines, contractual requirements, and LSC policies and procedures
4. Reviews and oversees the preparation of bond portfolio and tax related audit schedules, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report footnotes and statistical disclosure/reporting, etc.
5. Manages and reviews the work of multiple staff performing bond and tax related work in other departments (including Asset Management, Facilities and Construction, and Accounting) to ensure bond projects and funds are accounted for properly; oversees and reviews all routine accounting functions (journal entries, reconciliations, fund transfers, etc.) related to bonds and taxes
6. Participates in bond issuance working group; reviews the recording of new and refinanced
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to perform heavy mathematical computations and analysis of data
• Ability to interpret detailed information and convert it to knowledge-based reports and recommendations
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to communicate at a professional level, both orally and in writing, and with people at all levels
• Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to learn and effectively use other applications/software programs
• Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude in a demanding environment
• Attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with overlapping time-frames and deadlines
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:• Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
• Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
• Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
• Position may require some travel within the LSC service area
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related field, and at least 5 years of related work experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
• Master's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
Work Locations: 5000 Research Forest Drive (0000) , 5000 Research Forrest Drive , Houston , 77381
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 28, 2018, 11:15:09 PM