Part-Time Coordinator II, CE
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Under limited supervision and on own initiative, provides oversight and facilitation of day-to-day and some long-term operations within assigned area of specialty, participating in and leading planning, development, evaluation and improvement. Assigned area and responsibilities will be extensive and/or highly specialized. May be responsible for the success of assigned area, ensuring smooth and efficient operations as well as compliance with policies, procedures and a variety of local, state and federal regulations. Coordinates logistics, services and support surrounding programs or departments. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices.
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of assigned area. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as a Subject Matter Expert within area and as a point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents.
- Performs research relevant to area of specialty. Develops, monitors and maintains a variety of spreadsheets, databases, reports, and presents findings to internal/external constituents (may include LSCS Managers/Executives, community members, and/or outside groups and organizations).
- Enters, tracks and maintains a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets and databases.
- May be responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with local/state/federal compliance of processes and documentation within assigned area.
- Supervises, trains and develops department staff. Schedules and prioritizes work and activities and develops and organizes training materials.
- Creates methods of evaluation of assigned area. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for revisions to objectives and strategies, with a focus on continuous program improvement. Takes part (or takes Lead) in developing new programs.
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Plans, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support.
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department. Submits requisitions, and reviews and approves/denies purchase requests in accordance with the budget.
- Assists with management of the department budget
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma or GED and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 28, 2018, 6:10:26 PM