eRA Business Analyst and Technical Administrator
Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Other
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 14679
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 09-Dec-2018
The Research Administration (eRA) Business Analyst and Technical Administrator will support the implementation and maintenance of electronic research administration systems at the University of Colorado Boulder. This Business Analyst must understand the business needs and objectives of the Research and Innovation Office (RIO), specifically the work of the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) and the Office of Research Integrity (ORI) as well as campus faculty and staff. Specifically, the eRA Business Analyst and Technical Administrator Administrator will support the development, implementation, and maintenance of electronic Research Administration (eRA) initiatives. Currently, these include Human Subjects, Conflict of Interest and Proposal/Award Tracking modules developed by InfoEd International, Topaz to support animal research, and Inteum to support the Technology Transfer office. Future developments are likely to include additional research administration modules, which may be provided by InfoEd International or other vendors, or developed internally. This position will be responsible for understanding the functions and technical capabilities of eRA systems, developing and running testing scripts, understanding the functions and capabilities of the eRA modules and serving to gather requirements and provide analysis through implementation and ongoing support. In this role, you will also provide input into testing requirements; collaborate with developers to diagnose functional problems and propose solutions.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Lead the technical implementation and on-going maintenance and user support for the new and existing eRA systems:
- Provide and develop technical solutions\tools to suit business needs.
- Develop, execute, and administer over the technical specifications and implementation of the overall design as well as ongoing technical configuration changes.
- Serve as the primary functional and technical system expert for eRA.
- Develop strategies and procedures for, and assist with, data conversion from the current ATS system to the new ATS system.
- Support the development and execution of standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Support the development and delivery of training materials and programs as they relate to eRA systems.
- Develop and maintain thorough documentation of system configurations and of testing procedures.
- Work closely and in collaboration with the eRA Recruiting Coordinators to support them in their roles as functional experts.
Business Analysis and Functional Expertise:
- Perform functional analysis and requirements gathering for any IT related initiatives.
- Develop necessary requirements and specifications including process flow models, use cases or user stories, data models, and UML diagrams that fully communicate requirements and conditions of satisfaction.
- Develop a thorough understanding of system capabilities from both a technical and functional perspective.
- Work closely with recruiting leaders, campus faculty and staff to develop a thorough understanding of business needs and practices.
Monitor and manage the eRA implementation projects and deployed services, ensuring they continue to meet the established objectives and business needs within the established budgets through a continual service improvement methodology:
- Collaborate with eRA leaders as well as campus faculty and staff to ensure that system configurations meet the business needs.
- Assist with the development of agendas, report meeting minutes, action items, and issues that arise during meetings.
- Thoroughly communicate the status of projects, report and track issues and enhancements.
What We Can Offer
Base salary for this position is competitive and market-based, and will be commensurate with background, experience and education.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and relevant experience as described here may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 5 years of experience including:
- Business analysis, process mapping, design of complex systems and processes, with a demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical solution requirements.
- Strong analytical and technical experience in developing, implementing, configuring, maintaining, and upgrading complex application systems.
What You Will Need
- Must possess the ability to translate functional requirements into techical specifications and then develop, configure and implement those needs in collaboration with OCG and ORI
- Excellent customer service skills and a client focused approach
- Strong troubleshooting skills, including the ability to diagnose a problem and provide technically accurate details and workarounds
- Finely honed communication, collaboration and organization skills.
- Ability to manage time and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn business processes and translate them into the eRA systems
What We Would Like You To Have
- At least one year of experience in research administration, preferably in higher education.
- Experience with InfoEd, Topaz or other electronic research administration modules.
- At least one year of experience developing and running test scripts.
- Prior experience with data conversions and/or project management experience.
- Familiarity with the relational database models, specifically Oracle version 10g or higher.
- Familiarity with SQL syntax and able to write both simple and complex queries.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 9, 2018 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer