Senior HR Generalist
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Research Institutes and Labs
Department: Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
Requisition Number: 14613
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado is seeking a Senior HR Generalist. In this role you will provide support across the organization in various human resources functions, including employee relations, recruiting, training, and compensation. You will also serve as lead to the other members of the HR staff.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
LASP combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. As part of CU, LASP also works to educate and train the next generation of space scientists, engineers and mission operators by integrating undergraduate and graduate students into working teams. Our students take their unique experiences with them into government or industry, or remain in academia to continue the cycle of exploration.
LASP is an affiliate of CU Boulder AeroSpace Ventures, a collaboration among aerospace-related departments, institutes, centers, government labs, and industry partners.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide daily oversight and direction to the HR Assistant and HR Generalist.
- Manage the full life-cycle recruitment process, including advising supervisors on the hiring process and best practices, determining correct employment categories, strategizing job advertisement placement, compensation reviews, and negotiating offers.
- Analyze and make compensation recommendations for existing employees and new hires by reviewing market data and internal equity. Communicate potential salary compression issues and identify employees meeting criteria for promotion.
- Oversee all aspects of the performance management process and escalate personnel issues to senior leadership when needed.
- Play integral role in annual merit increase process including communications to employees on important performance evaluation deadlines, training managers on writing performance appraisals, collecting performance evaluations, and reviewing and submitting salary increase recommendations to University Human Resources.
- Manage the performance evaluation process for Tenure Track Faculty, including processing evaluation paperwork, understanding and advising on the 3/9th rule, and understanding and explaining tenure track appointments, funding, buyouts, and sabbaticals.
- Develop and implement new HR processes across the lab, including new hiring tools and policies and processes regarding visitors (affiliates).
- Key representative to University HR service center. Represent LASP in the development of all policies and programs developed across campus.
- Lead special projects as needed.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Resourceful. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field.
- 3-5 years progressive Human Resources experience.
What You Will Need
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with co-workers and peers.
- Ability to influence and problem solve in the areas of compensation, performance management, recruitment and hiring, and employee relations
- Knowledge of state/federal laws/regulations, including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, Title VII, and EEO.
- Outstanding communication skills with particular ability to communicate information in a clear, concise, diplomatic and professional manner. The ability to decide what method of communication is best for the many different groups that exist at LASP is imperative.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment. Attention-to-detail and ability to meet deadlines.
What We Would Like You To Have
- HR experience in a higher education setting.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover Letter.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer