Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Research Institutes and Labs
Department: Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
Requisition Number: 14674
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado is seeking a Program Planner/Scheduler . You will be responsible for the coordination, preparation, monitoring and maintenance of Microsoft Project Master Schedule from which various levels of schedules are derived, such as Master, Level 1 to Level 3+ schedules. The preparation and maintenance of the master schedule is done in close conjunction with the various Functional Leads and subcontractors as required.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
LASP combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. As part of CU, LASP also works to educate and train the next generation of space scientists, engineers and mission operators by integrating undergraduate and graduate students into working teams. Our students take their unique experiences with them into government or industry, or remain in academia to continue the cycle of exploration.
LASP is an affiliate of CU Boulder AeroSpace Ventures, a collaboration among aerospace-related departments, institutes, centers, government labs, and industry partners.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Maintain the Work Breakdown Structure WBS in the master schedule and ensure alignment with detailed tasks.
- Develop, maintain and update Integrated Master Schedule IMS using Microsoft Project software.
- Coordinate, integrate and review schedule input from management, engineering, production, subcontractors and suppliers to develop an integrated master schedule.
- Monitor and update the Schedule with actual hours expended and estimates to complete ETC durations.
- Prepare schedules, graphs and progress analysis for monthly reports and proposal submissions.
- Prepare full month end narrative reports including logic change analysis for monthly customer reports and present progress at internal/external program reviews when required.
- Prepare narrative reports and graphics for proposal submission in accordance with requirements from various AOs, including NASA, NSF and NOAA.
- Work with the program/proposal teams to develop schedule solutions for mitigating schedule risk and achieving program goals, proposal requirements and objectives.
- Highlight problem areas during schedule updates to the Project Manager in order to minimize schedule impacts and devise workarounds, if possible.
- Develop and provide PMO and project team with KPIs.
- Provide specialized scheduling services such as WhatIfAnalysis reports as needed.
- Perform schedule analysis on critical path, schedule reserve and variances, while maintaining change control.
- Upload Project Schedules to configuration management system.
What You Should Know
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Dynamic. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- 3 or more years of project planning and scheduling experience related to engineering, technical development activities, research and development, construction projects or closely related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical relevant field of study is preferred.
- Experience in Integrated Master Scheduling IMS and Integrated Master Plans IMP
What You Will Need
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and maintain program schedules
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence staff and client are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner and in accordance to proposal guidelines.
- Position requires selfmotivation and the ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention to detail.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover Letter.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer