Health Education Coordinator
Working Title: Health Education Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Posting Date: 11-28-2018
The Virginia Center for Diabetes Prevention & Education at the University of Virginia is seeking applications for a Health Education Coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of in-person and online health professional education in diabetes, diabetes prevention, cardiovascular risk reduction and use of telehealth and mhealth to improve health care. They will assist in identifying and reaching out to clinical and community sites involved with diabetes and cardiovascular risk reduction in an ongoing State-wide effort to network providers and community resources and educate them about the use of telehealth and mhealth to improve access to care. They will help to develop, design and deliver health professional training modules on nutrition, physical activity, weight management, lifestyle behavior change, use of telehealth platforms and mhealth applications. They will also help with the website maintenance and other social media or communication tools to improve the Center's communication channels.
A Bachelor's degree in education, public health, nursing, health promotion, or related field of study with at least four years of experience in a professional field is required. Experience in adult educational design and delivery, use of technology to improve health professional training, telehealth or mhealth knowledge, and program/event planning and evaluation in a university setting is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient-related information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
2. Ability to make sound judgments independently or as a team member.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
4. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
5. Ability and desire to perform accurate, detail-oriented work. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=86102