Human Resources Manager
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
As a member of the Student Affairs central office, and under the general direction of the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer (CFAO), this position manages complex human resources and administrative process support for 22 departments and 4 specialized units for ~400 employees (career, limited, contract, per-diem, partial-year career, students, and volunteers. Employees are both non-represented and represented (CX, EX, HX, K5, SX, HS, DX, NX). This position manages the human resource processes involving a varied assortment of employee types and levels within the Student Affairs organization. Responsible for coordinating all personnel actions regarding recruitment, classification, equity, and retention to ensure compliance with federal, state, university, and campus regulations and best practices. Performs complex analysis related to HR, including retrieving data from campus systems, organizing, and validating data, ans preparing various reports. Provides coordination of special HR related projects such as; annual performance management process, market equity, merit calls, or other campus initiatives related to HR. Manages employee files ensuring they are complete. Attends monthly Human Resource Officer meetings to stay abreast of HR policy and best practices and conveys to constituents, often providing training and serving as the organizational subject matter expert on HR matters. Other duties as assigned within the scope of this role.
Knowledge of a human resources management system (HRMS), and/or other related business software programs and systems.
Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated analytical, active listening, and critical thinking skills.
Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
Thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources.
Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, knowledge of functional area and understands how work may affect other areas.
Possess superior communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate tact and diplomacy, identifying correct issues to be communicated, assessing the audience, the method, and timing of communications.
Experience in policy interpretation and developing sound procedures that are in line with policy.
Demonstrated experience with UC systems (iReview, iRecruit, Shared Services, HDRS, TARS, SUPERDOPE)
Skill and experience in public speaking and presentations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview