Applications Programmer 2
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The Application Programmer 2 will aid in the development of brain training games and interactive cognitive assessments. This position will include all aspects of the implementation of research-related games from design to maintenance and support. The incumbent should possess an understanding of video game development, game design, development using C#, familiarity with Unity 3D, database and network programming. Further, the Application Programmer will also need to operate well in programming teams, be skilled in software organization, and possess excellent communication skills to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Knowledge of secure software development.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
Knowledge of other IT related areas.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Experience with common programming tools.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Intermediate skills associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts.
Demonstrated software repository skills.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
Ability to communicate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Knowledge of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Knowledge and skills related to sound design.
Knowledge and skills related to graphics programming and visual effects.
Knowledge and skills related to 3D Modeling.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview