8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $59,800
The College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences(CNAS) is home to world-renowned scholars pursuing research that deepens our knowledge of the universe we live in and improves the quality of life for inhabitants of the state, the nation, and the world. Central to this research is educating the students who come to CNAS to learn science, and who leave with a grasp of how they can change the world. These students, and the faculty who teach them, benefit from a structure that is unique among land-grant colleges: CNAS's 13 departments encompass the life, physical, mathematical, and agricultural sciences. This structure encourages an extraordinary degree of collaboration, reflected in the interdisciplinary research centers and the many cooperatively taught degree programs. Modern science is team based, and CNAS embodies that principle in everything it teaches and practices. The CNAS Dean's Office is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the central Finance Team to provide financial analytical support. The successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and contribute as a team member to the CNAS Dean's Office financial team. This role requires the incumbent to perform mid-level analysis and ad-hoc reports to support the dean's office in support of all financial operations. Incumbent must be familiar with best practices for completing moderately complex analyses including strong Excel skills coupled with the ability to manage & navigate large data sets utilizing a range of campus systems and analytic tools. Above all, a candidate with a natural curiosity for 'how things work' and an adventurous sense of flexibility along with a solid understanding of financial mechanics is well suited for the role.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Basic proficiency using spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Acquiring ability to gather reasonably retrievable information to organize and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
Basic knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Basic interpersonal skills; broad service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. Under management guidance, uses organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of UC policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview