International Student Life Advisor
8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $59,800
The International Student Life Advisor provides advising and programming support to international students to promote the success and wellness of students across campus. Identifies student needs, develops learning outcomes and designs and delivers professional intercultural and support programs that facilitate the educational, professional and personal success of international students at UCR. Prepares reports, manages social media and assists the International Affairs communications manager with communications related projects. Contributes to outreach and campus training that provides faculty, staff and students with the resources and skills they need to effectively contribute to an increasingly international campus. In collaboration with the team, conducts targeted outreach to first year graduate and undergraduate international students.
Abilities in problem identification, reasoning.
Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy and ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups.
Basic knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
Ability to multi-task, verbal communication, written communication and organization skills.
Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
Knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Demonstrated experience in programming and event coordination/management.
Understanding of University rules and regulations.
Skilled with personal computers, printers; word processing, database management and spreadsheet software; social media platforms and website content management.
Demonstrated ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
Advanced ability to manipulate raw data and create reports and publications for distribution.
Ability to speak a second language.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview