Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension - Bloomington, IL (107354)
Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension
Units 12 & 13 Cluster - Bloomington, IL (McLean County - Unit 12)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This Program Coordinator position is to work as a team member with all Extension staff in responding to local requests for information and assisting with program delivery support. This full time, 12-month position in the McLean County office is available contingent upon annual funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies critical priority needs and issues, with the assistance of other staff, to be addressed through 4-H programs
- Facilitates the planning of educational activities in an assigned area in conjunction with other staff and volunteers
- Oversee STEAM and AG checkout kits and the checkout system
- Serves as point of contact for STEAM, Robotics, Ag and Aerospace youth programming including providing these programs in local schools within McLean County
- Oversee STEAM week and promoting, organizing and conducting preschool center tours promoting Ag Awareness at McLean County Fair
- Assist Educator on College and Career Readiness programming
- Assist Educator with adult training opportunities in STEAM and AG programs
- Coordinate McLean County Maitland Ag Literacy Grant including application and award process
- Coordinate McLean County Holder grant including application and award process
- Assist Educator in 4-H educational programs/curriculum workshops as requested
- Cross-trains with other McLean 4-H EPC's to become familiar with all aspects of McLean 4-H
- Assists with the development of marketing plans and goals to recruit participants for educational activities; develops advertising and publicity for the activities in conjunction with the Publicity and Promotion Specialist
- Develops plans to involve volunteers in specific educational activities, which includes recruitment
- Networks and/or collaborates with appropriate designated community organizations and groups with the 4-H YD Educator
- Coordinates the logistics and activities for specific program-related tasks, such as travel arrangements, food, equipment, facilities, and other supplies
- Assists in formulating and insuring the implementation of standard operating procedures for program activities, including guidelines to insure the safety and welfare of participants
- Disseminates educational information provided by Extension professionals
- Assists the 4-H YD Educator in conducting the evaluation of program activities, develop impact statements, and recommend continuation, modification, or discontinuance of the program
- Works with staff and volunteers to collect, process, and maintain program records and data
- In conjunction with the 4-H YD Educator, prepare program reports
- Submit contact reports on a monthly basis
- Assists the 4-H Educator with the development and maintenance of financial support (i.e. grant writing and fundraising) for the conduct of the program activity
- Complies with all Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assists Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports
- Participates in staff development and professional development opportunities
- Preforms other duties as assigned by County Extension Director and 4-H Youth Development Educator
1. High school graduation or GED
2. Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
A. Volunteer/Work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
B. College coursework in any field of study
• 60 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
• 90 semester hours equals three (3) years (36 months)
• 120 semester hours or more equals four (4) years (48 months)
For more information about this classification:
This Extension Program Coordinator position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.85 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-PROG COORD-BLOOMINGTON (MCLEAN). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension - Bloomington, IL (107354)
Open Date: 11/28/2018
Close Date: 12/17/2018
Organization Name: Unit 12