Lead Voice Engineer
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $105,000
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Engineering, the Lead Voice Engineer is responsible for designing, deploying, and providing technical leadership for solutions to support the Information Technology Solutions organization. The Lead Voice Engineer is also responsible for designing, deploying, and providing technical leadership of VoIP/Digital/Analog/Network systems such as Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Contact Center, QoS, and various legacy telephony technologies. The Lead Voice Engineer works in the Network Engineering group to develop best practices and standards for the ITS Department. The Lead Voice Engineer serves as the subject matter expert for all telephony solution and networks.
Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
Has highly developed problem solving skills to independently resolve issues using defined parameters and technical expertise.
Understands implications of work on other areas.
Demonstrated ability to analyze highly complex communication hardware and software systems for maintaining a real-time resource that impacts campus / medical center / OP-wide network users.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills of unique issues and problems.
Advanced knowledge of the practices and techniques of the voice and data field and the ability to determine a course of action based on guidelines.
Advanced knowledge of professional communications and network systems in the completion of diverse assignments.
Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze data in the completion of a variety of functional assignments.
Advanced knowledge and experience working with network management systems.
In-depth, advanced understanding of various network hardware platforms, network related protocols and software including understanding of OSI layer 2 and 3 protocols at a complex level and related technical standards critical to the operation of interconnected networks.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Clearly understands the communications and network needs of the organization and has skills needed to address those needs.
Troubleshoot telecom networks (Cisco Collaboration and Unified Communication portfolio: Cisco Unified Communications Manager; Cisco Unity Connection; Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Contact Center Enterprise) so that issues can be resolved in a timely was in adherence with customer SLA's
Design, deploy, and support Unified Communication solutions which include Cisco Voice best practices, disaster recovery, dial plan development and reporting
Knowledge of IT ticketing systems such as Service Now and a solid understanding of ITSM and ITIL processes and practices.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview